Sunday 3 February 2013

Wheel

Move Trike
Move Trike
In China people often use tricycles for moving too. Sometimes the pile is several meters high: sofas, bookshelves, tables...

I started this sketch last November when I was visiting Beijing to finalize my own move but it took an IF challenge to get it finished. I guess this will be the last tricycle sketch for now since they are hard to spot in London... Beijing was full of  inspiration on wheels, I documented only a fraction of them, the one I especially wish I had drawn was a pop corn trike, but here are the ones I did draw: Beijing Tricycles on Flickr

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Sasa! This is back to the old days!
    I liked your drawn documentation from these Bejing bikes!!!
    (I think on those days you were more active, artistically speaking, right?)
    I love your type of drawing, as I've said a thousand times, at least, and I'll keep saying! (please give me reasons) (I mean, show us more of your drawings please) :))
    eh ... I have a small area on a wall reserved for you my dear Sasa ;)))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roberto, I think you are right, I used to be more active. I need to mend my ways, this is a promise ;-)

      Delete
  2. I love the bikes Sasa!!! This is a good one in monochrome...it suits your bike work well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sasa, there is this song by Katie Melua about the bycicles in Beijing. It popped up in my head just now. In Holland we bike a lot, but in China they trike! And in such creative way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice sketch, Sasa. I remember too how many animals in small cages where piled up. I felt very sorry for those poor animals. But I admired how much could be transported on one bike. Who needs a car?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the style. I saw this when I visited China as well. I was quite impressed with the skill in which they used to stack so many items and keep them from toppling over and crushing themselves. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tricycles gallery is great, I never tought how useful they could be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm amazed by the different stuff people put on tricycles in China! They are so inventive in using them! Your drawings are much more interesting than photographs!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always nice to see your tricycles. Nice sober colors.

    ReplyDelete